We have a pleasure to inform you that former Yugoslav Documentary
and Short Film Festival, which is one of the oldest national
film festivals in Europe (it celebrated its 50th Anniversary
in 2003), is becoming Belgrade Documentary and Short
Film Festival, 51st National and 1st
International, for the first time this year.
Belgrade Festival of documentary and short film is a permanent
cultural event significant for the city of Belgrade, founded
by the Belgrade City Assembly. It is both national and international
competitive film festival of artistic works in the area of
documentary and short films in the film or video form.
Festival will take place in Belgrade, from March 30 until
April 4, 2004
Festival program includes:
1. National Competition
2. International Competition
3. Special Programmes (non- competitive programs, retrospectives,
special programmes, exhibitions, seminars, workshops)
International competition includes the following nominations:
Documentary up to 30 min./documentary over 30 min.
Short experimental / Short fiction / Short animation
and foreign documentaries and short films intended for public
showing may participate. Producers and authors of films are
eligible to apply. Foreign films and films that are not done
in Serbian must be provided with translation in English.
Competition is formed through selection of the films that
were submitted earlier.
International Competition will be formed on the following
- Direct invitation of the artistic director,
- Films entered by foreign producers and authors and selected
Competition program will feature documentary and short films
of all genres.
Films made in: 35 mm film, 16 mm film, digital BETA, BETA
SP, DV and DVD.
No film selected may be withdrawn from the Festival programme.
prizes include 22 (twenty two) official awards:
Grand Prix- to the author of the best film of the highest
artistic value (in both selections). The prize may be awarded
to one of two films- the best film of national or international
- The Golden Award Belgrade- to the best film of international
competition programme. The prize is awarded to film maker(s).
- The Golden Award Belgrade- to the author of the best documentary
of the international competition programme.
- The Golden Award Belgrade- to the author of the best film
of international competition programme out of the category
of documentary films.
The decision is made by the Jury of International Competition
Award of the Public- to the best film of the Festival (both
for the national competition programme in categories:
- Life Achievement Award
- The Golden Award Belgrade- for the best film of national
- The Golden Medals Belgrade (8) for national films in all
seven categories of national competition programme, and eighth
to the producer of films for the best production
- Festival Diplomas (7)- to the individual authors of national
competition. The decision is made by the National Jury
prizes include an amount of money.
- Documentary, short and animated films
- On 16 or 35 mm single sountrack system
2. Entry Procedure and Selection
Entry deadline for submissions is January 15 th, 2004
Each entry must be accompanied by:
1. VHS-version of the film (PAL, SECAM, NTSC)
2. A completed Entry Form
3. Filmmakers’ biography and filmography
4. Dialogue list in English and original language of the film
5. Typed one- line synopsis (maximum 35 words)
6. A photo from the film for the catalogue
Sending the print:
please note on the package NO COMMERCIAL VALUE, FOR CULTURAL
PURPOSES ONLY (Find the shipping address at the bottom of
the 16/35 mm film copy transportation to the Festival insurance
and postage expenses must be paid by the applicant.
Insurance costs covering the period between receipt and return,
and return expenses will be covered by the Festival.
The prints will be returned to the addresses mentioned in
the Entry Form within 2 weeks after the end of the Festival.
Videocassettes will be kept in the Festival archive except
the case of special arrangement.
AND MAIL ADDRESS:
Belgrade Documentary and Short Film Festival
Majke Jevrosime 20
Serbia and Montenegro
Tel\fax: +381 11 3346946, +381 11 3346 837
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org